Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Mother-To-Be's Woes...

I never knew how tiring having a baby is till I am having one myself. 

Sleep:
First of all, sleep never seems enough, even with a full 8 hours spent in bed. 25% of that time is spent waking up for no reason whatsoever and trying to get back to sleep; 10% is spent tossing, turning, changing positions and getting up to pee; another 10% trying to fathom if Little Bub's comfy in his/her watery world and trying to feel for the movements. Little wonder that every morning, I wake up feeling like I had only slept for slightly more than 4 hours.

Food & Drinks:
Another woe of mine is in the F&B arena. What are good for Little Bub may not be what I like to eat or can get very conveniently. What I love to drink, in this case Iced Tea, is definitely not good for Little Bub. And I can no longer decide that I want to have coffee every morning to take me out of my zombie-like state; I can't waltz into a Japanese restaurant and order a decadent-looking plate of salmon sashimi; I can't step into Ya Kun or Toast Box to enjoy some simple soft-boiled eggs; I definitely can't have a single drop of that golden straw-coloured Hoegaarden from the fridge that keeps calling out my name!!

The (Busted) Myth About 2nd Trimester:
Whoever said it gets easier during the 2nd trimester must have been a man. Things are not any easier for me... Some of the irritating symptoms like queasiness and cramps have gone, and I have a whole new set of signs and wonders to deal with! I get tired more easily, breathless more easily, hungry more easily, fall ill more easily. Sleep is never enough, air-con not cold enough. I have to walk with my back slightly arched and my ballooning middle protruding, leading to backaches. I have to deal with my hips expanding as well as escalating heart rate. On top of everything else, I drink like a camel, pee like a horse and eat like a cow. It's final, I am busting this myth!

No comments:

Post a Comment